1st Inspection after 1000 km (app. 600 miles)
- Change the engine oil, including the oil in the filter, while still at
normal operating temperature; renew the filter element.
- Change the oil in the gearbox, rear swinging arm, final drive and
- Clean the carburetor float chambers.
- Check clutch operating clearance and adjust if necessary.
- Check free travel at rear wheel brake, and adjust if necessary
- Check brake fluid level and add fluid if necessary. Check brake system for leaks.
- Take up slack at cylinder heads (for tightening torque, see page 72) Adjust valve clearances.
- Time the ignition.
- Take up slack at bolts and nuts on: engine mountings, center stand at
frame, spring strut mountings, quick-release axle nut and front axle clamp
screws, rear wheel studs, hose clips on carburetors and on drive shaft
- Synchronize the carburetors and adjust the throttle cables.
- Final inspection with road safety check: condition of tires and
wheels, tire pressures, lighting and signaling equipment, telltale and
warning lamps, clutch, gear change, foot and hand brakes, steering, instruments.